Pages

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Water Cycle


WALT write a water cycle report
I know I can do this when

  • I can plan my writing using a mind map
  • I can group my ideas under headings
  • I can group my ideas into paragraphs
  • I can write an introduction and a conclusion
  • I can introduce each paragraph by using a topic sentence
  • I can put material into my own words
This is my water cycle report. 


In the water cycle there are three parts. One is Rain, another is Water storage, Vapor and Clouds.  This is how it goes.

Precipitation occurs is when rain falls out of the clouds and covers the whole earth.The clouds are heavy and can’t  hold the rain in . Hail freezes up in  the clouds and hail comes out,but if it does not freeze rain comes out. Out the rain comes and covers every where. It fills up lakes, streams and oceans. When rain falls it turns into hail or snow. Sleet is a type of hail.

The water falls out of the clouds and rains and rains. First the water falls onto the surface of the earth. All the water gets soaked up to the underground. It is storing the water till it stops raining. When the underground is storing the water, it is called aquifer.  Water is needed for the earth. People pump the water up and it gets sucked out.

Once the rain has stopped the sun comes out. The water that is keeped underground starts to rise up. It heats up from the land or the ground. All of the  water goes into the trees and plants, until it gets hotter  and starts to turn into steam, or vapor. The sun begins to get hotter and the water starts to rise up to the clouds. That is Transpiration.

It rains, until the sun comes out. The sun heats the water into steam and it rises up to the clouds.  When vapor in the air gets cold, it turns into liquid. That is called condensation.
It freezes into ice until it turns hot. That is when it goes back up into the clouds until it gets heavy again. That is called the water cycle.

The water cycle will never end, it goes round and round, starting all over again. It rains and rains and rains.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.